Design and Manufacture of Industrial Thermoforming Products
A Mechanical Engineering Co-Innovate Job opportunity exists at Donite Plastics in partnership with Letterkenny Institute of Technology. The job role consists of the Theoretical and Practical application of core Mechanical Engineering attributes. Specifically, the job entails the research led development of a new plastic sheet product and walking it though the production facility from conception to manufacture and validation. The nature of the work requires learning existing manufacturing techniques employed, researching alternative manufacturing and process techniques, using Computed Aided Design (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA), requires testing and then validation of the end product.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities, this is not an extensive list of duties:
- Organise, plan and manage R&D projects and product development activity;
- Undertake 3D CAD design and FEA analysis throughout the design process;
- Project manage projects to meet the business goals such as lead-times, resource allocation and improvement areas;
- Interface with Customers and convert their requirements into designs and product realisation;
- Maintain and document the design process in line with company standards;
- Co-ordinate supplies and external requirements to deliver market leading products;
- Undertake all aspects of product research and development from concept to manufacture.
Apply below now:
Please note if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be shortlisted.