Job Code: TSE 1
Position: Technical Sales Executive
£: Not disclosed
Ireland’s leading industrial thermoforming company, Donite Plastics Ltd, is recruiting for a Technical Sales Executive to join their busy team. The company designs and manufactures custom-made plastic parts – mainly by thermoforming and CNC trimming.
This full time position is based at Donite Plastics Ltd’s headquarters in Saintfield, County Down although opportunities for occasional remote working will be available. The role comes with a potential travel commitment of up to 50 per cent – largely to the UK and Ireland with sporadic international trips.
The Technical Sales Executive, in keeping with Donite Plastics Ltd’s proven track record, will provide exemplary customer focus by managing the sales process from lead generation through to receipt of sales orders for both new and existing customers.
In return the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for an exciting, fast paced company that services customers across a wide range of sectors including: agri-tech, medical, construction and material handling, aerospace, public transport and film and television.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying and establishing new business
- Propose technical solutions to customers’ needs including working with third party suppliers
- Reply to sales enquiries. Prepare sales quotations, tenders and proposals
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions
- Organise safe and effective sales visits (both at customer premises and at Donite Plastics Ltd’s headquarters)
- Plan and attend exhibitions, trade events and industry forum events
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support
- Ensure sales targets are met and profitability targets are exceeded
- Ensure efficient hand over of sales orders and documentation to engineering and production
- Provide input to continuous business improvement initiatives and company quality accreditations
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and build strong relationships and on-going communication with customers and manage their enquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Order follow-up. Maintain communication and liaison between engineering, production, quality and customer to ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with customer expectations
- Ensure sales orders are processed within company guidelines, policies and procedures
- Occasionally administer any of the supporting processes used within Donite Plastics Ltd such as purchasing and other department documentation and report
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products alongside the engineering and manufacturing processes used within Donite Plastics Ltd
To be considered for the role, the candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or science, along with four years’ experience in a customer facing role. Experience could have been attained through previous engineering sales support, technical field sales or aftermarket sales and support roles
- A full driving licence
- Excellent English, both written and oral
- PC literacy would be beneficial with special emphasis on Microsoft Excel and project planning tools
- An ability to multi-task and function well in a fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills, leadership skills and problem solving ability
- A passionate for innovation with a keen interest in engineered plastics and the plastic manufacturing processes
- Strong customer relationship building skills
- Good communication in both written and oral
- Strong can-do attitude to tasks
- Good IT skills
- Good presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company.