Donite Plastics designs and manufactures batches of custom-made plastic parts for an extensive customer portfolio covering many sectors and geographical locations – by thermoforming and CNC trimming. Located in a state-of-the-art facility in Co Down, the company has experienced exponential growth in a very competitive market.
Following a review of their operations and structures, and in response to an increased demand, the company has identified the urgent need for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Design Engineer to join the team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director and Senior Management Team, performing a leading part in delivering company objectives and targets as set out in our strategy.
The Senior Design Engineer’s tasks will include:
- Design of custom moulded plastic parts for a range of industries
- Responsibility for technical development and quality of all concept and detailed designs
- They will be expected to encourage value of innovation and exploration of new technologies, materials and processes
- Lead the development, training and motivation of team members, ensuring they have the capability to perform their roles at a high level
- Support sales and project management with customer engagement activities
- Create, promote and lead a culture of continual improvement by encouraging team members to take accountability, identify and realise opportunities for positive change with industry standard processes
- Work closely with customers and the commercial team to translate a client’s requirements into concepts, specifications, proposals and meaningful engineering drawings
- Create designs to achieve both practical and aesthetic requirements
- Work closely with the commercial team to guide products through a stage gate design process, through consultation with customer
- Work alongside customer design teams to further the customer’s understanding of Donite’s capabilities
- Give key input into the development of new procedures and strategies
- Liaise with key stakeholders to set and to measure KPIs
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- To undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties as required by management
- Hold a degree (or near equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a technical or design engineering role
- Experience working with Solidworks in a professional capacity
- Flexible to work outside core business hours when required by the demands of the business
- Technical skills
- Organisation and efficiency
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- IT and numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
Based on experience and commensurate with the position
For more information, or to apply for this role, send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.